Monday 4 August 2014

All you need is a little chalk.


I recently have been searching the inter webs to find inspiration for my new dorm room that I will be moving into in the next few weeks. I came upon this cute little chalkboard banner and naturally, thought I could make it. I guess it's the mennonite in me. And it was a success, so I thought I would share it with all you lovelies how to make an inexpensive home decor piece that you can customize to your personal style, just with a little chalk.
This craft is very inexpensive. The only thing you will have to buy is some chalkboard paint which is a great investment. The rest, you can find in your home:
 cardboard.paint brush. triangle template. string.


Step 1. Begin by tracing out triangles with your template onto the cardboard.

Step 2: Take your chalkboard paint and start painting your triangles. (I went for 2 coats of paint)


Step 3: Once the triangles are dry, just use a hole punch to make 2 small holes in the 2 corners of the cardboard. If you don't have a hole punch you can always puncture the cardboard with a scissor or craft knife.


Step 4: Weave your twine or string through the holes you made with your hole punch.


Tip: Your triangles may start to curl up, just stick them under an old phone book and they will be good to go in a couple hours.




And there you have it! Your very own banner that you can make your own and can switch up for every season. I hope you had fun making this and if you didn't because you didn't want to spend money on chalkboard paint, I will let you know you will be disappointed. It's probably the best decision you will make.




No comments:

Post a Comment